Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day of Rest

I am not sure what religion recognizes Thursday as the day of rest but in the spiritual world of healing for Emily it was certainly recognized today.  With her new outlook (see the last post) she challenged the day yesterday.  Today she still challenged it but did so by resting her head.

I think there are two big things to take away from today.  First, Emily was able to rest! She took a nap in the afternoon.  This is a girl that struggles to sleep through the night and she was able to take a nap....that is incredible.

Second, she listened to her body cues.  We tried to walk today and did not make it as far as yesterday because she was tired from pushing herself the day before.  And what we both realized is that is OK.  There is a reason that her body is sending her signals to rest (especially because you can not kick ass when you are tired).

So watch out tomorrow.  A well rested, motivated Emily is going to take you on (and win)!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a day of rest. It's what your body needed and still needs. I know that you so desperately want to feel better, and you probably feel some pressure from all of us to announce that you are on the upswing, but take your time, this is not a sprint, healing is a process.

    I'm no doctor but I've heard that rest is the best medicine...or is it laughter? Either way, I hope you get to do a lot more of both. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's Jehovah's Witnesses that have their meetings on Thursdays. (You can always count on me for knowing unimportant facts!)

    Glad to hear about the nap. If ya'll can come away from this surgery without headaches and a decent night's sleep? That's worth the price of admission right there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping today is a kick ass kind of day filled with naps and rest!

    :) Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily! Hi! I've been a creeper on your blog from time to time, and have been catching up about your surgery. Just couldn't read all this without letting you know that we are praying for you!!! I know you don't have a lot of choices in this matter, but the bravery you are choosing to face this with is so inspiring to me. You are even more amazing than I thought! (And you were "up there" in my list to begin with, so you know.) So that's it - praying for you and so very very proud of you.

    Love,
    Hannah (Brouzakis)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know, I can totally take a cue from you Emma. Resting is good.

    I hope your rest helps you to keep kicking arse. :)

    ReplyDelete