As you all know today is the day. We are up at 4am getting ready for what we have started to call the the day Emily can finally begin to heal and not the day she has brain surgery. Here is the information that we found out yesterday:
- The Surgery is scheduled for 7:55am.
- We have to be there at 5:30 for prep
- The operation should last about 3 hours
- The post-op recovery should be about 2 hours
- Therefore we should be getting the results around 11am and should be able to see her around 1pm
- During the operation only 3 people per patient are allowed in the surgical waiting room
I think we are glad that this is happening so early in the morning. We have been holding the weight of it for months so to not have to think about it for a few hours that morning is probably best.
At first we were discouraged about the hospital limiting us to three people to be there. However, we realize that physical presents is not the true definition of being there for us. The kind words, thoughts and prayers that have been sent our way leading up to this has been incredible and makes us realize that the number of people at the hospital does not matter. The overwhelming support that you have and will continue to give us is really what matters. You are all a blessing to us and we can not thank you enough as you have lifted us when we felt down and helped us get to this day in the best physical and emotional shape we could be in. Sorry if we could not say this to you individually. Please know that we are so grateful.
'And the peace of god, which surpasses all understanding, well guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus' Phillipians 4:7 (Thank you Amie)