Wednesday, October 10, 2012

getting Job

For anyone that wasn't at church this week - here is a link to my sermon on Job chapter 2

"Should we only accept good things from the hand of God
and never anything bad?"

**note: I still have a very jumbled brain so the sermon has some pauses where I collect myself - in person these may have felt short, however it translates not so well in podcast form. Maybe I'm being harsh though - who doesn't cringe at the sound of their own voice? is that a standard rule?

On a related note, here's a link to free online Sudoku, because if you're going to spend time with an audio link, I may as well give you a visual distraction. (I also recommend USAtoday crossword)

My friend Tricia also wrote such a lovely blog post about her thoughts on the topic. (its wonderful to read - especially if you don't have the time to listen to the sermon, plus she doesn't say "um" nearly as much as I do)

I'm still not feeling much better from Monday so I'll be enjoying the blue skies from bed. I'm keeping a routine of water, heating pad, water, crackers, water, tea, water.

I hope your wednesday holds equal or greater amounts of excitement!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better. Taking the good with the bad from God seems to be a lifelong lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pressure here, but you should get into ministry. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be fair Emma, if I were up in front of people talking instead of writing, I'd probably say "um" a lot myself! :) Here's to fighting the good fight. It's so good to know we are not alone in this struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who "anonymous" is (get it?), but I totally agree with him or her. That was captivating. I wish I could've been there. But I'm kind of glad I wasn't... because it's not very manly to cry in public. :)

    ReplyDelete