Friday, May 4, 2012

HAPPY WEEKEND! hope its a marathon of romance

Good Luck to all the people running in the Pittsburgh Marathon on Sunday!

My family: the Blythe cousins doing the relay as a team, and cousin Mike running the full!!!

My friends: Lauren, Neil S, Mike, Kaylyn, Jen, and Jeff doing the half. Caitlin and Steph doing the relay. Sarah doing the full.

A total stranger: Becka is running 50 half marathons in 50 states and I'm excited to read her PA recap  

*note: Since as of last night it became facebook official, I'll say the even more impressive feat here - Steph is doing the relay while carrying another person - insider her (because she's pregnant! in case you didn't get where I was going with that) GO STEPH!

I love the Pittsburgh Marathon weekend because it feels like at the city's beauty is on display. People travel here to run a race, but they end up touring our neighborhoods and gazing at our skylines and seeing the enthusiasm of our people. I hope everyone that runs feels the love!

boom. romance.

Since Neil and I very poorly planned a trip away on the weekend I love (what can I say - cheap flights!) Here are some of the signs you would have seen me hold for you...










While we are romancing each other in Providence - you fearsome folks will be be experiencing some of the finer sides of marathon running. I did a half marathon and didn't enjoy half the things on that list but there's always next time! More power to you people - no matter when you finish its a victory because....


GOOD LUCK!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, lady!!!! (& an additional shout-out to Neil Straub who didn't make the list but is definitely making the race)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I knew I'd forget people - i'll update my blog love right quick!

      Delete
  2. I laughed out loud over the little kid holding the Kenyan sign -- love it! Have a wonderful, romance-filled weekend, Orbins :)

    ReplyDelete