Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day

More than a day late on this, which is okay because all my father people are an understanding bunch.

I say "father people" because I'm oh so blessed with a Dad, a step-dad, a father-in-law, a step-father-in-law, and a Joe T (if you know him you know thats all the title he needs).

They have so many Dad-like interests and skills: football, hockey, baseball, gardening, sports car racing (even in iceland!), golfing, building decks, home repair, and of course, grilling.

I feel beyond blessed that their qualities and their interests have rubbed off on me. (I'm just at a loss for what to get such an exceptional and eclectic group. A tie just won't cut it for this crew.)

Instead of just posting some belated father gifts, I'm going to put some links from the web about fathers that I found to be wonderful, funny, and inspiring... just like the Dads in my life.

Carrie, thanks for showing me this hilarious video, 
"The Dad Life"

Here is a great article on fatherhood by Martin Sheen - yes him - because its nice to know that fatherhood isn't always easy.
My favorite line "The most important thing is that regret is useless and faith is necessary and love is everything."

This video just melts my heart.


I adore the simple dating advice John Steinbeck gave his son in this letter.


And while all my fathers like a variety of music (Stevie Wonder, Steely Dan, Louie Prima, and even Kelly Rowland), its the song my Dad used to sing to my mom, then he used to rock me to sleep with, that makes the cut for today:




so Happy (belated) Father's Day! I love you all!!
source



1 comment:

  1. I thought NOTHING could be better than Dad Life, but that Hallelujah video... and the Steinbeck letter "nothing good gets away"... and Your Song -- this is a beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete